Christmas is my favourite time of the year. It's also the busiest and most stressful time. There's all this rushing around trying to get things done, like buying gifts for loved ones, wrapping up presents, decorating the tree and sending out cards.....the list goes on.
One of the many things I love about Christmas is baking. Every Christmas Eve I'm in the kitchen making some delicious goodies for the festive period.
This year is no different, so I thought I'd share with you two great recipes that you should all try. The first is a recipe I've been using for the past few years. It's simple and easy to make.
A Very Rocky Road
For the ingredients you will need.....
250g dark chocolate
150g milk chocolate
175g soft butter
4 tablespoons of golden syrup
200g amaretto or digestive biscuits which ever you prefer (I've gone for digestive as I think they taste better)
150g red glace cherries
1 tablespoon icing sugar
Now that you have everything let's begin preparing.
1. Break up both dark and milk chocolate in to small pieces, put into a heat resistance bowl then add the butter and syrup. Melt on a gentle heat until the chocolate becomes a smooth liquid.
2. Grab your digestive/amaretto biscuits and put them into a freezer bag, then bash them up with a rolling pin. They need to have a crunchy consistency.
3. Next, divide your cherries into two lots. You want some that are whole and the rest that are halves.
4. Now its time to combined all the ingredients together. Grab yourself a mixing bowl and pour in the melted chocolate and digestives. Stir together then add in the cherries and sultanas. Make sure that everything is covered in chocolate.
5. Line a baking/foil tray with a few layers of Clingfilm, then cover the base with a piece of baking paper. Tip the mixture into tray smoothing it out as best you can, although it will look bumpy.
6. Pop the tray into the fridge for an hour or until it is firm. After the mixture is set take it out of the and cut it up into bite-size chunks. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top to give that snowy effect.
And there you have it. Rocky Road with a hint of snow. Enjoy.
Hope you liked this posted. If you made some of these then comment and tell me how you got on. Catch you later xxx