Friday 27 September 2013

Choosing A Path In Life Is Never Easy

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry for not posted a lot this week. I've had some really important decisions to make, and I want to share them with you all.

In my previous posts I wrote about the troubles I've been having with trying to get into university (if you haven't read them, then you can click here and here). It was a horrible feeling to know that there was a slight possibility that I wasn't going to get in this year. It was a waiting game and all I could do was hope and pray that someone would drop out, so I could take there place. And they did just that.

A few nights ago, I received a message from the university saying "Congratulations, you have a place on the English course blah blah blah". At this stage fireworks should have been going off and I should have had a huge smile on my face. But there was no smile, instead a cold shiver went down my back and I burst into tears. They lasted all night and I cried most of the next day.
I thought I was crying because I was happy with the news, I wasn't. I realised that an English course wasn't what I wanted, it never was and it never will be.

I had to think long and hard on what I was going to do. Was I going to accept the place at uni and spend 4 years studying for something I don't want? Or follow not only my hear but my dreams and take an online journalism course?

Well, I'm pleased to say that I have made my decision, and I've decided to....decline my university place. I felt that my heart wasn't in it, and that it wasn't fair on someone who did want to do the course. As I may have said in another post, my dream is to become a journalist, and by taking the NCTJ online course I'm one step closer to achieving that.
I cannot tell you how happy I feel now that I have made up my mind. This course isn't going to be easy, but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes.

Choosing a path in life is never easy, but you have to do what you feel is right. You only get one change to live, so go take the risk and listen to your heart, because as the actor, Michael Cain "Life is not a dress rehearsal"
Picture/Quote from weheartit.com

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, choosing a path is never easy, I'm so glad you ended up choosing what you love you can't go wrong with a decision like that! Best of luck <3
    FIROZA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it wasn't too late for me to make up my mind, and I know that I've made the right decision. Thank you :D

      Delete